Questions an architect should ask on their first meeting with the client
To create great designs, an architect needs a great client. Your very first meeting with the client is a very important one.
At, your first meeting with your client should reveal a lot of things other than the budget and their lifestyle need. It should reveal things such as the type of design they want to go to or, their expectations and goals for the new space.
Here is a list of few questions that you must ask during your first meeting assuming that you have already asked them the basic questions:
- What are the activities you see yourself and the family doing in this new space?
- Where do you spend most of your time – indoor or outdoor?
- What is your lifestyle? WFH or Office?
- Do you have guests coming over often?
- How concern are you about your privacy?
- Do you have any images of the architecture style from magazines or Pinterest as a reference?
- Do you have any image of the site or can you sketch out the site and what’s in the surrounding land?
- What are your 5-year, 10-year, and long-term plan for this space?
- Is there anyone in the family with a disability or who has mobility problems?
- What are the time constraints of the project?
So, these are a few questions that you should ask in your first meeting with the client. There are a lot more questions that one must ask to understand the details of the project based on the type of project and the client’s special requirement.
Also if your architect isn’t asked this type of question to you in their first meeting then it’s wise for you to keep looking for a new architect.
You can check more of my work here for inspirations and daily reels which covers how to update your space.
We at Sumedha Pandey Design studio are here to provide you with the interior of your dreams. Now you can get free 1st consultation; to get your free consultation click here.