How to choose architectural lighting for children’s
Lighting does more than just illuminate a space. It can set the tone of a room and complement your style. From a dramatic floor lamp in a living room to a unique hanging pendant in a playroom, there are plenty of lighting ideas for kids. In this blog, we will talk about architectural lighting for children. We have already covered a blog on the topic How to choose furniture for your place and to read that click here.
For the need of children, it is necessary to pay attention to the quantity, quality, and type of lamp for every different environment. Below is the specification for choosing light bulbs for children’s:
Locations of light bulbs:
For placing light bulb it is essential to know the location of the bulb, the quality, and color of the bulb. The ideal position is always to maintain direct central lighting, with a warmly colored light. Depending on the size of the room, the number of lamps that will be needed should be calculated. Also, one more point to note is that children don’t sleep in completely dark like adults.
- A soft light always on to reduce insecurity or fear of darkness.
- An exclusive light near the changing area to help care for hygiene at night (in the case of young children).
- A soft light to help parents or the caregiver during nighttime meals.
- Indirect lighting that allows a healthy sleep routine (such as reading before bedtime, for example) without waking the child at the wrong times.
- For study table white bright light can encourage concentration and focus
- Appliques or wall spotlights on stairs, corridors, or areas facilitating ‘unsafe’ journeys.
Types of light bulbs:
The sleeping area should be cozy and the lighting should be warm in temperature and color. For learning environment the lighting required needs to be so that it allows children’s to focus and concentrate which is allowed in cold tones. Play area should have good ventilation and natural light.
Lighting fixtures and systems:
Special care should be taken with those light fixtures that will be located at the height of the child, such as lamps or spotlights at floor level. It is essential to pay attention and choose those that are made with natural materials such as wood or those that are painted with non-toxic products or varnishes.
The importance of dimmer:
Dimmers work well particularly in child-friendly environments because they control the intensity of light according to whatever need. During the first months of the baby’s life, the lights in their room will be on almost continuously. Therefore, the dimmer’s ability to make the lighting soft enough to lie down and breastfeed without waking the baby and, at the same time, guarantee a sufficient amount of light to see.
Autonomy with switches:
Older children usually wake up at night to drink water or use the bathroom, so they obviously need to be able to turn the lights on and off when they need it. A more practical solution than placing switches lower is to provide low stairs so that they can reach them autonomously.
- https://www.lampdecor.com.br/blog?single=iluminacao-quarto-bebe. Access, January 18, 2020.
- https://www.exatron.com.br/blog/iluminacao-adequada-proporciona-sono-tranquilo-a-criancas. Access, January 18, 2020.
- https://blog.contatogroup.com.br/entenda-a-importancia-da-iluminacao-em-casa-para-criancas-e-bebes. Access, January 18, 2020.
You can check more of my work here for inspirations and daily reels which covers how to update your space.
If you have any query/project then you can drop your mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.