Interior design trends for 2021
Interior design is the art and science of enhancing the interior of a building to achieve a healthier and more aesthetically pleasing environment for the people using the space. With the ongoing pandemics along with more and more people spending time indoors. With 2021 right along the corner here are a few interior design trends that you will want to enter your 2021 with.
- Naval Color trend: This is the new black for creating elegant and contemporary spaces. Naval color kitchen cabinets combined with white is one of the most popular trends. Lately, it has been used widely not only for kitchen cabinets but also in the dining space, library, and bedroom.
- Lightwood: This material is not only used for flooring but also for covering walls and ceilings.
- Sustainable modern furniture: Environment is one of the greatest concerns. 2021 will be a new age for sustainability in terms of furniture. Materials that can be reused, recycled natural materials like bamboo are excellent materials for furniture and home decor are to be used.
- Statement piece: A statement piece is something that catches the eye as soon as you enter the room. It defines one’s personality. It can be anything such as a different style of rug or a piece of extraordinary furniture, and an extraordinary painting.
- Natural element: This trend is all about bringing nature into the home. With the current pandemics going on it becomes more crucial to strengthen the human-nature connection. Using natural and organic materials reminds us of the exterior life along with the mix of nature.
- Grey interiors: This has been widely used in interior design in 2020 and this is one color that is said to continue to be widely used in 2021 as well. When used properly tends to give an elegant look to space.
- Modern rustic: A rustic look is mostly mixed with neutral shaded and modern minimalistic style to give off a contemporary touch to space an interpretation of the classic times.
- Neutrals: This gives a more intimate and welcoming environment. A neutral shade interior design along with a statement piece such as a green velvet fabric chair is one of the best combinations I have even seen.
With each new year comes new trends in interior design and decoration. You can always change the interior of your home since the psychology of interior design says that, changing the interior design of your space according to your personality can bring this happiness along with a comfortable home. In fact, small changes to colors, layout, and fabrics can easily improve your mood and evoke positive feelings.