Everything you need to know about terrazzo flooring
Terrazzo flooring may have fallen out of people’s choice of flooring, but in recent year’s they are making a comeback for homeowners. From public offices to cafes to private homes and everything else, the terrazzo floor trend hasn’t gone unnoticed by people. There has been a lot of buzz in the market about how terrazzo flooring is the most and upcoming trend that is well on its way to topple marble from its throne. This is why we are here to figure out what is terrazzo flooring and why this material is so popular in today’s time.
What is terrazzo flooring?
The term “terrazzo” is a material that has been widely used on walls and flooring, which consists of chips of marble, quartz, granite, glass, and other elements that have been laid in concrete.
Traditionally, a terrazzo floor was made of marble chips that had been laid in concrete. Today it is the combination of stone chips, marble, quartz, granite, glass, and other elements that have been laid in concrete or epoxy-resin. Depending on the use you can use terrazzo tiles or pour in situ. Modern-day terrazzo flooring has many options for color and patterns. This is partly why the flooring style is so popular following tile and carpeting.
Why is terrazzo flooring so popular?
As a homeowner, you would want to install what is the most stylish in the market but is also durable and long-lasting. Often there are compromises that are involved which making this decision such as some like to go for the material that looks good and isn’t durable while others invest in something that would last for years. Here is the list of things that make terrazzo flooring popular:
- They are easy to clean and maintain: Since terrazzo flooring is packed with colors you want or chips of any size and moreover they are poured on-site which makes it smooth flooring that is jointless makes it easy to clean and maintain.
- It is cost-efficient: You can lower the cost of terrazzo by swiping out the marble chips for the stone chips and for the in-site setting of terrazzo flooring.
- Durability: This is one of the main reasons for installing terrazzo flooring in high footfall areas. This kind of flooring stands for the test of time and holds up to wear and tear. If installed properly it doesn’t need replacement or polishing.
- Eco-friendly: The way this type of flooring is made accommodates recycled or waste materials like recycled porcelain and broken glass. That’s what makes it an environmentally friendly flooring.
- Low maintenance: The way a terrazzo flooring is made does not require polishing or shining which makes a sweep and mop just fine.
Pro tip: For installing terrazzo flooring make sure to keep in mind that it is not a DIY project so make sure to contact the right team. The way you install it goes long way in order to ensure that it doesn’t have a crack or goes a long way so that it doesn’t wear out quickly.
Installing and pricing of terrazzo flooring in India:
A simple Google search on terrazzo flooring manufacturers would give you several results. The pricing of terrazzo flooring varies for different manufacturers. If you want to look it up online then you can visit IndiaMart and get explore different options that range from Rs 35/ sq. Ft to Rs 1000/ sq. Ft, The pricing depends on the different type of terrazzo that you wish to opt for.
When it comes to installation, most manufacturers provide it at a reasonable rate. It is advisable to research the installation rates of different manufacturers and then go with the one that suits your budget.
This is everything that you need to know about terrazzo flooring all in one place. Do try it at your home, office, or your commercial space. Need help with designing a space that goes well with your personality and the terrazzo flooring don’t feel hesitant to contact me. I will be very happy to design it for you.