5 signs that you should become an interior design
Have you seen those IKEA yearly book design and been intimidated by how you want to feel homely and intimating? Have you had that feeling that when you look at them, you feel like buying them all or just having the exact same set up at your home? Have you ever wondered how does an interior designer does that?
Let’s start this blog with a reality check. Doing DIY’S and decorating your home after referring to IKEA sample houses, or Pinterest and magazines are not called being an interior designer.
Those sample houses in IKEA, an interior designer has spent hours of effort so that each and everything goes together perfectly in order to make you find it homely and imitating. The images from magazines and Pinterest that you refer to for ideas for your home were done by an interior designer too.
Interior design is the art and science of enhancing the interior of a building to achieve a healthier and more aesthetically pleasing environment for the people using the space. An interior designer is someone who plans, researches, coordinates, and manages such enhancement projects. An interior designer keeps all the factors that affect the interior in mind in order to make an aesthetically pleasing environment to fulfill the client’s requirements. You can read all those blogs on my website.
You are still interested in being an interior designer, choose a creative career for yourself then these a few signs that you might look out for in order to become an interior designer.
- You are a puzzler: You enjoy figuring out the problem to a solution, this is the job of a designer. If this sort of thing you are interested in then you will surely love a creative challenge and will surely love solving client’s problems which they face in their space.
- You mentally rearrange the furniture of a room: You start to work out the size of the furniture and try to find the best layout for the furniture in order to solve the current issue the room is facing and to fulfill the requirement of the room.
- You have an eye for detail: When you see a room you start to notice all the things that make the room special. The material combination, the tiny details that make a huge difference.
- You love the hunt: If you love shopping or if you feel a rush of victory when you find the perfect tile to update your kitchen backsplash, you may be perfectly suited to a career in interior design.
- You love noticing how other interior designers play with space: You love to see how other designers have played with the interior theme, what they have done wrong, or how can that space be developed.
These are just a few that you might want to keep a lookout for. If you are reading this then you might want to keep a lookout for the interior design course.